If you’ve been without air conditioning on a hot day, you know how frustrating unexpected HVAC problems can be.
When not properly maintained, the equipment may be working harder than it should, wasting energy and shortening its life expectancy.
Preventive maintenance is more than changing filters. It includes checking all of the safety components built into each system. It is about efficiency testing to ensure controls are set properly, thus providing for peak performance. Proper preventive maintenance is designed to increase efficiency, extend equipment life and reduce the likelihood of a breakdown.
Valliere Air Conditioning and Heating offers a comprehensive Preventive Maintenance Plan to cover your heating and cooling equipment.
Inspection Points for Cooling Equipment Include:
- Replace filter/clean washable filter
- Check thermostat
- Check LP & HP controls
- Lubricate moving parts
- Check belt tensions, if applicable
- Check blower assembly & rotation
- Tighten electrical connections
- Check for proper fan speed
- Check evaporator coil
- Check condenser coil & clean as needed
- Check operating pressure/superheat
- Check temperature drop across coil
- Check expansion device
- Check contactor points
- Check start & run capacitors
- Inspect/flush condensate lines
- Check compressor crankcase heater
- Check compressor amp draw